Our BCR Library of business strategy books is the foundation of our intellectual asset base. We bring together the insights provided by these leading-edge experts to come up with innovative ways to look at and value companies.
- Firms of Endearment The Book “…endearing companies tend to be enduring companies.” “…in many instances, qualitative factors may be more revealing than quantitative factors in drawing a picture of a company’s future performance.” “…the accounting profession has yet to come up with a way of assigning economic value to employees and corporate cultures.” We’re entering an Age of Transcendence, as people increasingly search for higher meaning in their lives, not just more possessions. This is transforming the marketplace, the workplace, the ... Read more
- Faith and Fortune The Book “I realized that I was under no obligation to frame business “success” solely in financial terms, and that it might be useful to explore the connections among values, character, social responsibility and the bottom line.” “strong argument to be made that companies driven by strong values will endure and prevail.” “a willingness to think about the long term sets exemplary companies apart from those that conduct their business with an eye on the day’s closing stock ... Read more
- Driving Customer Equity The Book “…shift from a focus on consumer transactions to a focus on long-term, one-to-one customer relationships…” “When the community associated with the product or service is as important as the product or service, customers will continue to purchase from the firm to maintain “membership” in the community.” “Customer Equity is a long-term financial concept, it may be appropriate to consider the role of long-term investments versus short-term spending.” In their efforts to become more customer-focused, companies everywhere ... Read more
- Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper… The Book“When people in an organization develop a shared and intuitive vibe for what’s going on in the world, they’re able to see new opportunities faster than their competitors” “Without a limbic system, companies lack any sense of empathy or courage. They’re either all neocortex, analyzing thoughtfully without the motivation to act, or reptilian, caught in a cycle of fight-or-flight responses.” “When companies blur the line between us and them, between inside and out, opportunities appear for ... Read more
- Start with Why The Book “Very few people or companies can clearly articulate WHY they do WHAT they do.” “Knowing WHY is essential for lasting success and the ability to avoid being lumped in with others. It is the cause represented by the company, brand, product, or person that inspires loyalty.” “…they become markers of symbols of the values and beliefs we hold dear. Those products and brands make us feel like we belong and we feel a kinship to ... Read more
- Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies The Book “Purpose is your moral DNA” “…evolution in the way people think about competition – winner has gone from the one with the most tangible assets to intangible assets to primarily moral ideas” “When a company is driven by a Purpose, the vision, mission, and values flow naturally from that” In Purpose, world-renowned thought leader Nikos Mourkogiannis turns the entire idea of leadership on its head and shows that the choice between values and success is no choice ... Read more