Author’s tweets @ThisIsSethsBlog:
“The connection revolution is shuffling the deck and enabling new organizations and new ideas to thrive. The industrial age, the one that established our schooling, our workday, our economy, and our expectations, is dying.”
“Scarcity is the dominant driver of the industrial age. Scarce resources, scarce machines, scarce labor, and scarce shelf space. The connection economy thrives on abundance. Connection creates more connection. Trust creates more trust. Ideas create more ideas.”
Everyone knows that Icarus’s father made him wings and told him not to fly too close to the sun; he ignored the warning and plunged to his doom. The lesson: Play it safe. Listen to the experts. It was the perfect propaganda for the industrial economy. What boss wouldn’t want employees to believe that obedience and conformity are the keys to success?
The safety zone has moved. Conformity no longer leads to comfort. But the good news is that creativity is scarce and more valuable than ever. So is choosing to do something unpredictable and brave: Make art…It’s a hunger to seize new ground, make connections, and work without a map.
The Author’s Blog
- Selling confusion - September 19, 2017
- Beware of false averages - September 18, 2017
- Selfish marketing doesn't last - September 17, 2017
- Fitting in all the way - September 16, 2017
- Appropriate collusion (organizing the weaker side) - September 15, 2017
- Impossible, unlikely or difficult? - September 14, 2017
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin